Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Content

I feel so content in life right now. I have a beautiful, healthy family, a wonderful husband who is truly a well-intentioned man in all he does. A roof over our heads, food, clothes, love. I think of the Haitan people and all I can feel is gratitude for all we have and all we are not going through. Their stories are unbelievable. We sponsor an adorable little girl from the Dominican Republic and even though the earthquake didn't happen there I find myself thinking of her and praying for her a lot more often. It would be very hard to not have enough. So many people live that way that it has been an eye opener for Joel and I as to how much we have. Sure, we can look at lots of other people who have life way easier than we do and compare but we are learning to be content.... with our own situation... with whatever God has for us. That is the way to live. Like Paul says, we must learn to be content in every situation whatever the circumstance. That is the way to truly feel happy.

Our little man feels quite content these days too...now that my milk is in full force there is no more hours of fussing all night long! In fact, there is lots of sleeping. I layed him on the floor for a moment and he put himself right to sleep. On Sunday night he did a 6 hours stretch and lastnight he did a 6 hour and 45 min. stretch. Unfortunatly I don't get a 6 hours stretch. After he falls asleep I hold him and burp him for awhile, then get ready for bed. It is usually already a whole hour by that point. Then I wake up sore and engorged about an hour to an hour and 1/2 before he does. I spent some of my night pumping lastnight. I wouldn't trade any of it. I love being a zombie if it means I get him.

Auntie Danie was here half of his life thus far. She was such an amazing help with the girls. Thanks Auntie Danie- We love and miss you!

another alert photo. He seems to have lots of awake time.



Daddy and Kenan-- we call him our little red man-- can you tell why?? :-)





mommy and her baby


I just love him to pieces








We were trying to get a good family picture but the girls looked entirely too grumpy and the sheet wasn't big enough... darn!








If everyone was looking this one could have been good.





kissing Kenan













just staring at our new little man










Our 3 kiddos So precious












These two are so delightful!














Little Kenan- alert as always

























4 comments:

Leah said...

I'm so glad you're happy to be a zombie if it means you get to keep him :) I'm so glad you're so in love with this little man, Hannah! I can't wait til you can share your joy of this one with me!

I miss you all so.

LOVE that photo of the girls :)

Love you.
Leah

Linda said...

Boy, what sweet babies you have! I am going to Omaha this weekend to have some cuddle time with the grand babies! We are having a new one in June...#9 +3 = an even dozen! WOW!

Thanks for stopping by the blog, and your comment.

Sara said...

Such sweetie pies you have! Love the one of you and Kenan!

Deb said...

Awwww ~ Kenan looks like such a sweet baby = )
I wish that I would hurry up and feel better so I could come over and meet your new little cutie pie! But I'm still under-the-weather, so I will wait for awhile because I don't want to expose your family to any viruses.
I'll let you know ~ hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Can't wait ~ Aunt Deb <><