Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Poor Emily again!

Life is seriously never dull for a moment at my house. Today I was packing up to leave for my parents tomorrow morning and while I was packing Emmy's clothes Abby decided to stick a thermometer hard and fast into Emily's ear. Emily started horrifically screaming, and grabbing her ear and when I looked blood was coming out. I called the dr. and they wanted me to bring her in right away. I called a neighbor for Abby to sit at so I could just take Emily.

Emily has a deep scratch in her eardrum but it doesn't look like her ear drum ruptured. She had blood on the bottom part of her eardrum so he couldn't see clearly. Poor thing. He said she was really a trooper because ear scratches that deep really hurt. He also put her on ear drops for the next 7 days.



When I stopped at the neighbors to get Abby she told me that Abby told her that when she got home she was going to be disciplined. Abby told her that she already felt as sorry as she could.

Poor little girl, she did feel pretty bad but what would possess someone to do that in the first place? Oh, the joys of childhood and learning their realities!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh! Poor Emily AND Abby! At least it was nothing more major!