Sunday, November 8, 2009

another update

I guess his ablation isn't going to wait until Tuesday. He has been really sick with SVT today, worse than ever she wrote. Pray....

I have mentioned that I am reading the book crazy love and totally think it is a must read for every single person. In the last chapter I was reading this really hit me:

An obsessed person cares more about God's kingdom coming to this earth than their own lives being sheltered from pain and distress (pg 133)

I can honestly say I am not there, no where close to there. I do worry constantly about my life being touched by pain or distress, whether it is by losing a child or having them battle something scary or I myself going through something less than desirable. I fight it happening in our lives thinking I somehow hold the control... I can keep it away. Boy, am I trying in vain. I am praying for an increased ability to hand over the reins and relinquish control. I don't want it anymore. It is far too much weight for this mama to bear.

I loved reading Jennifer's new post on Stellan's condition. She totally gets it. She lives in this capacity. Truly amazing and inspiring to me!

No comments: