For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the Lord Almighty. I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely within my hand. I set all the stars in space and established the earth. I am the one who says, you are mine! Isaiah 51:15-16
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Decorating for Christmas
Our Christmas tree
The girls playing with a nativity scene I had as a little girl Putting the star on the top
What pretty windows to place your tree! We put our up in the family room so the kids can see it. Of course, we've already had our Christmas. We do it, usually the Sat after Thanksgiving. This year, we had to do it on Friday morning, because my son didn't ask soon enough for the day after off.
We had lots of turkey, and trimmings, and then a ham and trimmings for Saturday. The last of them left this morning, so tonight we took the tree down, the floors are vacuumed and the furniture is back where it belongs.
I guess I'm getting to be a 'bah-humbug' for Christmas! I think I'm getting too old for all the kids, all the cooking, and all the cleaning before and then after! :(
1 comment:
What pretty windows to place your tree! We put our up in the family room so the kids can see it. Of course, we've already had our Christmas. We do it, usually the Sat after Thanksgiving. This year, we had to do it on Friday morning, because my son didn't ask soon enough for the day after off.
We had lots of turkey, and trimmings, and then a ham and trimmings for Saturday. The last of them left this morning, so tonight we took the tree down, the floors are vacuumed and the furniture is back where it belongs.
I guess I'm getting to be a 'bah-humbug' for Christmas! I think I'm getting too old for all the kids, all the cooking, and all the cleaning before and then after! :(
Post a Comment