Friday, November 6, 2009

Homeschool

Home school has been going great. Abby loves it and is a great and fast learner. We are working on our letters and the proper way to write them and how they sound and also our numbers. Emily is always looking for things to do while I am teaching Abby so I bought her a bag of 15 bean soup and she works on separating them into separate muffin cups based on their size and color. It keeps her entertained for quite awhile. What a blessing it is having two little girls. God has blessed us richly. I am so grateful!





6 comments:

Beth said...

we used to separate beans into an egg carton... what a good creative mom you are!

Kara Scharrer said...

Is it your plan to always homeschool the girls? You are a great mom. My kids get their "homeschool" from Sesame Street and Word World! :)

Kathryn said...

I didnt know you were homeschooling! How is it going, well it seems! Do you ever get any rest?! :)

Hannah said...

Kara- Yes- as of now it is. I don't like a lot of the things going on in the public school system and we can't afford private so this is our alternative.

Kathryn- It is going well. Abby loves it and is very receptive. It will be harder next year when we start Kindergarten and I have to be more scheduled ect... but we will make it. Rest???? I don't know what that is! Just kidding-- My evenings are mine to do what I please (unless I work or have a Wildtree party) and lately it has been going to bed at 9. Hey, I can't get into your blog anymore. It says it is private??!

Deb said...

Wow, I can't believe how grown up the girls look ~ they are getting sooo big! Keep up the good work, Hannah = )

Kathryn said...

I accidently emailed Joe's ex wife with the email account used for the blog. Just in case, I made it private. Im planning on creating a new one on wordpress. Ill let you know if I do!

Awesome on keeping Abby home. I think its great that you are able to stay with her and teach her. We have found some great tools for teaching that we use with Alex. If you're ever interested, just let me know!