Friday, January 29, 2010

Kenan's two week

I brought Kenan in today for his two week check-up, how in the world is he two weeks old already. I demand time to stop in it's tracks so I can enjoy my little boy before he has to grow up and be busy.... busy catching frogs and scaring his sisters, chasing dandelion fluff and learning how things grow. I want all that but I also want him little for a little longer.

He is not quite up to birth weight yet. He was close 9 lbs 4.5 oz. He has grown 3/4 of an inch so he is now 21 and 3/4 in. His head has gained a cm. now so he is up to 15. Everything is great. He is another big, healthy baby. I am loving being his mommy so much. I am so grateful that God chose me to have him. He is such a blessing. Since last Sunday he only gets up once at night. It is between 3 and 4. He eats one side and goes back to bed until 7 or 7:30. Did I mention how blessed I feel? My girls were not great sleepers. Kenan is a wonder. Right now I hear his daddy up holding him and talking to him. I hear a lot of "little buddy's," it is so precious and I just don't want it to ever end.

I'm off to feed my lil buddy and cherish him some more because when we wake up tom. he will be 2 weeks and a day.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Told you he wasn't 10 pounds! :) He is so precious Hannah! Such a delight to hold. :)

Deb said...

I can't wait to hold Kenan ~ there's nothing else in this world like holding a newborn baby = )

I just hope that he doesn't grow too much more before I'm healthy enough to come over!

See you soon ~ Aunt Deb

Leah said...

Oh my goodness... 2 weeks already!
I want cuddles, baby Kenan. Don't forget you have a faraway auntie who loves you too!