Thursday, October 11, 2007

Brisk Autumn Air Thoughts

Tonight the girls and I decided to go for a walk/trike ride. It is so cold out we have been cooped in the house for days. It was fun just going out with the girls. I am so fortunate to have two, beautiful, healthy girls. I was talking to a friend who has 3 boys and she was naming all the reasons it is so great to have boys and I don't think any of them were good enough. (I am glad she is happy to have boys since that is what she has :-) ) I am just so content to have my girls. They are so delightful. I love that someday we will get to have a close mother/daughter relationship like me and my mom. I love that I will get to be there at special occasions and have an inside scoop. You get that with a son too but it is different than with your daughter. I just really feel blessed!! Emily was sick all day yesterday, spitting up and a red, swollen eye, and really, really crabby. I couldn't even put her down which isn't like her. Lastnight around 10 I figured out why. I had eaten peanut butter on Tues. night. Anytime I eat nuts so seems to spit more and be more fussy the next day. This time it was really bad. I was wondering if she had the stomach flu. It has to be a nut allergy though. Poor little girl. I am going to bring her to the dr. and have her tested so we know for sure. They say when the react from breastmilk it is going to be a really bad allergy later on where they will have to carry an epi pen. I just feel so bad for her. On a lighter note I think we are going to take the kids to the children's museum tom. It should be fun. There is lots of hands on things for kids to do. Abby is going to love it. I went on thier website tonight and they have a curious george exhibit and a sesame street exhibit. I will take lots of pictures and maybe some video to share--


My sweet little Emmy all bundled up in clothes that Abby wore not that long ago
Look at how big she is. She rode this little trike for a mile. She is so persistent
She seems like such a big girl to me now. Where does the time go? It is bittersweet-- I want her to grow but I want to keep her little too.

No comments: