For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the Lord Almighty. I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely within my hand. I set all the stars in space and established the earth. I am the one who says, you are mine! Isaiah 51:15-16
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
A new addition to the family
No-- I am not pregnant :-). Abby actually has added some new family members. The other night we were in the car and she started talking to a frog and dragon. At one point she started laughing and we asked her what was so funny and she said dragon was down her shirt licking her. It was hilarious. She was squirming all over in her car seat. She is so bright!! I was bringing her to the eye doctor because her eye hurts a lot and on the way there she told me frog and dragon's eyes hurt too and they need to come too. When I got Abby out of the car she looked over my shoulder and motioned and said, "come on frog, come on dragon, hurry before a car hits you, follow me." When we got inside she continued to talk to them and play with them. From what I know about imaginary friends it just means the child is extremely smart. We have always known Abby to be that so we will just encourage it. She is only 2 1/2. Her other new friend is God. They play chase together. She will say, "ok God, my turn, come and get me" and then giggle and run around and say, "God is chasing me." She also chases God. How appropriate though because God really does chase us through our whole lives. He is always trying to show us more of himself and reassure us ect... and at the same time we should always be chasing him to know more of his heart. ahhh... The lessons this little girl can teach me. She is too precious for words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had an imaginary friend named "husband" and my mom says that I would order him around!!!
Post a Comment