For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the Lord Almighty. I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely within my hand. I set all the stars in space and established the earth. I am the one who says, you are mine! Isaiah 51:15-16
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Blessed
I have to tell you all about something really stupid that I did. We have been hearing advertisments for a Toby Mac/Jeremy Camp/Matthew West Concert coming to the Target Center. Joel and I love all those artists and wanted to go. I called up a good friend of mine and her and her husband also decided to come along. I called on opening weekend and reserved our tickets and we went to Maple Grove to pick them up. We then went to St.Cloud to get my sister who would be staying with us until she left for England. In all that excitement I forgot about the tickets and didn't think about them until the day after Leah left. I couldn't find them anywhere. We searched the car again and again as well as everything else we had with us that night. They were just gone. I was so sick about it. We never, ever get out and I was so looking forward to having a night with my hubby and friends. We were going out to eat at a restaraunt beforehand and just really making a nice evening out of it. I couldn't even listen to KTIS for several days because every time I would hear the advertisment for the concert I would get depressed. We had paid for all 4 tickets and since we lost them we weren't going to let our friends pay for them so not only do we miss out on the concert but also the money. I called Northwestern Book Store (where we bought the tickets), they could see our reciept with 4 tickets but didn't know what seats so they weren't able to help us. If we would have bought through ticketmaster they have it all on file so they could have just issued duplicate tickets. I am normally very organized and wouldn't lose tickets though so I didn't think I needed that option. I don't know what happened. I decided to write to Toby Mac and Matthew West to tell them the stories. Toby Mac's webgirl wrote me back and gave me the name and number of the promoter. She told me if he couldn't help to please write her back again. He is Dan Wynia who I hear all the time on the radio. I called his direct line and left a message. He just called me back today and said he would give me 4 tickets out of his stock. He was such a nice guy. I am soo thankful. God is good!!! He said that maybe it was supposed to happen because maybe someone found those tickets and will get saved-- That is my story-- Next time I will be much more careful with the tickets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a nice story! I'm glad it has a happy ending:)
Post a Comment