Saturday, May 17, 2008

On Loan

How differently would we treat our children if we treated them as if they were on loan from God? As I was doing my daily devotions today this thought popped into my head. Wouldn't we not worry about them as much knowing that they are someone else's. God has entrusted us with caring for our children but ultimately he still is in control. In a way it is a really scary thought but it is also a relief to know that He knows what their lives are going to be. He knows how long they will live, how they will live, and what they will accomplish. How amazing!! I just pray that I live up to the task He has set before me. I want to make sure I take good care of them not just physically but emotionally and spiritually as well. I want them to grow into integrity filled women of God. That puts a lot of pressure on me as kids learn by example. God has lots of molding to do with me. I want my little girls to look at me and see someone who would bring back the 10.00 I didn't get charged for at the grocery store that I should have, or the selflessness of taking on those in need. I know they need to see integrity, love, respect, selflessness, and being geniune in my own life for them to take it on in theirs. This is my heart's prayer.

No comments: