For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the Lord Almighty. I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely within my hand. I set all the stars in space and established the earth. I am the one who says, you are mine! Isaiah 51:15-16
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Time
Time really is a cruel thing. It can go slow when you want it to go fast, like the mom waiting 9 long months to hold her baby for the first time, or the dreaded performance you just want to get over with. It also can go fast when you want it to slow down. This is my experience as of lately. I feel like I just can't stop to catch my breath. It just keeps racing me along. I try to remember what life was like even a year ago and I just can't remember. I have memories of it but I can't remember hour to hour what we did to fill the days. I guess that is why we have to be so diligent to make the moments count. Time is going to keep going and we just have to keep pressing on and running the race God has set out for us. It is comforting to know that He is in control and nothing takes him by surprise! So I will continue to enjoy every moment I am given and make the most of it! I am going to try to not get frustrated with the messes and learn to let things go. Who cares if urine ends up in places where it shouldn't be and mud gets on the floor. A day in the not too distant future will come where I will miss even that. I am learning nothing ever works out the way I imagine it to. Even I, miss type A, am learning to roll with the punches. God isn't through with me yet! Thank goodness!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hannah, I really appreciated your blog today. I totally agree with you. Time goes so quickly, especially for us moms who have kids that change every day. They just grow grow grow! I, too, have to be reminded to slow down and make the most of the moment.
Well written Hannah! Thank you for the reminder. It is so easy to get caught up in the little things that sometimes I forget what life is really about!
Post a Comment