We were on the 2nd floor and my parents and Josh and Paula and Jonah were on the 1st floor in a 2 bedroom unit so we were walking back and forth a lot. Emily wanted to do it be herself and she would walk the whole way to the elevator and then have to get down on her hands and knees to bear walk over the little crack in the floor for the elevator. She was so afraid of that little opening.
The girls did amazing in the car both ways. They were really, really good kids. Emily had a tough time getting to bed there but once she was out she was great. Abby slept all by herseld on the fold out couch and loved it. My girls are growing up!
We were able to go to Noahs ark but I didn't get a singe picture as I didn't want to carry my camera around a water park. It was a blast there. Joel and I were able to fly solo for the day (no kids), and we went with Josh and Paula and Jonah. We went on every ride they had including the point of no return and the black anachonda and the time warp. They were awesome. We had to drag Paula up the 20+ flights of stairs for the point of no return. It was a slide you layed down on your back and went straight down. It was exhilirating. I did it twice and would have done it more but those stairs to get all the way up were killers, and going down that thing gives a person the worst wedgie. It was horrible. :-) The time warp was my all time favorite ride. You are in a pitch dark tunnel in a raft with 3 others and all of you sudden you hit a steep drop off. I was backwards going down the drop off and seriously thought I was going to fall out or pee my pants or both. (Don't worry neither occured) You then go round and round like a flushing toilet and then it spits you out the opening. What a rush!
The black anachonda was fun too. It is the worlds longest water coaster. It was really fun. They had lots of great water rides. I am such a water park person. I don't care for roller coasters all that much but get me in a water park and I am like a kid in a candy store. We did the lazy river and the wave pool and just classic easy water slides. It really was great.
That night for dinner Joel and I and Josh and Paula and Jonah all went out to a nice restaurant and taught Jonah a thing or two about manners! You should have seen him eating his ribs. I should have taken a picture.
Enjoy the pictures below-- We really had a blast! Thanks mom and Dad-- What a great memory for us and the girls!
Auntie Paula and both girls

Uncle Josh and Emily

Emily and Jonah playing with sock puppets
The girls and a very red daddy feeding the ducks and fishies
It was getting too dark and you can't see them but there were tons of them.
Playing memory before bed.

The girls and a very red daddy feeding the ducks and fishies

It was getting too dark and you can't see them but there were tons of them.

Playing memory before bed.

Auntie Paula and Emily swimming
Uncle Josh and Abby
Daddy and Abby
Joel took Emily on a paddleboat ride and she loved it. She looked so adorable sitting there in her life jacket and hat. Just a little pudge.

Uncle Josh and Abby

Daddy and Abby

Joel took Emily on a paddleboat ride and she loved it. She looked so adorable sitting there in her life jacket and hat. Just a little pudge.

My family, being the adventurers they are, took turns going on all kinds of extreme things. This in in particular looked awesome but Joel and I decided we weren't spending money on extras so we just sat and watched them all have fun. This is my Dad he jumped out through that hole in the square thing and he is free falling down to the mat below. There are no cords or anything attached to him it is all air.
Here he hit the net

and the end result
We were at this place for quite awhile and the girls were really good troopers. They found things to do to entertain themselves. This being on of them.
This is my dad bungee jumping

Here is Jonah bungee jumping
Jonah and Paula went together on a swinging bungee type ride
Here they come...
Here he hit the net
and the end result

We were at this place for quite awhile and the girls were really good troopers. They found things to do to entertain themselves. This being on of them.
This is my dad bungee jumping
Here is Jonah bungee jumping

Jonah and Paula went together on a swinging bungee type ride

Here they come...

We went on an original duck boat tour. They are old army boats all rebuilt and they take you both on land and water. It was really cool. It got going really fast while on narrow trails and through canyons and then in the water it was slow. It was really pretty to see some of Wisconsin that way though.
Emily with Auntie Paula
Here is what the duck boat looks like while in the water. It has big tires for when it comes out of the water.
Uncle Josh and his buddy Emily. Emily loves Uncle "Dosh" and wanted him or my mom over anyone else.
Uncle Jonah and Emily

Emily with Auntie Paula

Here is what the duck boat looks like while in the water. It has big tires for when it comes out of the water.

Uncle Josh and his buddy Emily. Emily loves Uncle "Dosh" and wanted him or my mom over anyone else.

Uncle Jonah and Emily

The view from our unit. It was really pretty. I would sit out and do my devotions in the morning to the sound of the fountain. It was great!
Emily loved the deck because she loved the ducks. She wanted the "Duhs" all the time and would yell for them.
Both girls were pretty excited about them.
My mom and Dad on the paddleboat with a crying Abby. She liked it at first and then just freaked out and wanted off. We don't know what scared her but she wouldn't go near it again the whole rest of the time.
Our resort-- it was really a nice place. It was so great of my parents to give Joel and I and the girls our own unit. Emily was tough to get to sleep-- the first night she screamed bloody murder a half of an hour. Once she fell asleep though she slept through the night so it was good. It would have been hard to be sharing a unit with others. We were very thankful for it!

Emily loved the deck because she loved the ducks. She wanted the "Duhs" all the time and would yell for them.

Both girls were pretty excited about them.

My mom and Dad on the paddleboat with a crying Abby. She liked it at first and then just freaked out and wanted off. We don't know what scared her but she wouldn't go near it again the whole rest of the time.

Our resort-- it was really a nice place. It was so great of my parents to give Joel and I and the girls our own unit. Emily was tough to get to sleep-- the first night she screamed bloody murder a half of an hour. Once she fell asleep though she slept through the night so it was good. It would have been hard to be sharing a unit with others. We were very thankful for it!

2 comments:
WOW! that was a long post and looks like tons of fun. Now that Jonas is in school I'm gonna bring the girls over some day and visit you- PROMISE! I love the pic on top of your blog! did you do that by yourself?
Ooh, Hannah! I so wish I could have been there too :( My girlies are just THE CUTEST things!! I love Emmy's hair in that little pony :) She doesn't try to pull it out?
I can't believe Dad and Jonah went bungee jumping!! Dad is 50!! Haha. Good for them, though. I can't wait to see my Jonah-man in Nov!!
How cute is it that Emily loves Uncle Josh so much :) Especially since he's always liked her so much too :) That's cool that Dad and Mom took both couples like that!
Love you and I'm glad you're back. I've been checking here all the time for updates :)
Post a Comment