Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lots going on

Ok...Ok... I know I have been neglecting my blog quite a bit but life is just too busy to do it all. I have so many projects to accomplish and such little time before this big boy decides to come. I have had several predictions that I only have two more weeks. I hope not... I'm not feeling ready. I need 3 weeks!

I finally finished my aprons. The 3rd one I made I am going to exchange with a friend. She is knitting my girls purses in exhange for this apron. Such a neat idea. I made this apron shorter than the ones for my girls. The child size measurements must have been for more like a 6-8 year old. They are huge on my girls. I also figured out to do the pocket smaller and better. I really like this apron. Now, I am going to make a few more just to have on hand for different birthday's the girls are invited to.
I am still needing to make the girls the baby doll slings I want to but that will have to wait until Friday. I'm too tired to start another project tonight. I am going to pick up fabric and make a baby boy blanket next week too.
Today when I was sewing Abby came down and asked me when her booby hider would be done. I told her I wasn't making her one of those and she then told me how she really needs one because she doesn't want people to see her breasts when she is nursing her baby dolls. Seriously, this child cracks me up. I better make one before that baby comes because I can totally see her sitting on the couch next to me with a doll "nursing", when I am nursing him. We can't have her without a cover-up you know ;-). I also have 400 pictures to write on the backs and put in albums from our last year of life and I need to wash the carseat and baby blankets and burp rags and get everything ready for him. All this while having two expo's to do for Wildtree and a gingerbread making house party and several different playdates coming up. Whew....I'm tired! :-)

I wanted to write about a book I highly recommend too. It isn't one from my book review (I need to get started on that one, I have had it sitting here for weeks- it is the 2nd love and respect book all about communication--so stay tuned for that.) I know, I know-- I don't know how I find time to read. Basically they come with me to the dr.'s office since I have so many of those visits lately, and I love to take leisurely baths-- I allow myself that once or twice a week- otherwise I try to read a chapter during the girls quiet time and maybe another before bed. I love to read and absorb whatever I can so I just make time to squeeze it in but each book takes me at least a month usually.

This specific book is called Sheperding a Child's heart by Tedd Tripp. It is such a contrast to the Well-Behaved Child. This book is about not just changing the behavior but changing the heart from a Biblical perspective. Every act the child committs gets brought back to the cross and how only God can help them with whatever particular thing they are struggling with. It really was great. As soon as Joel and I are done with our believing God study we are going to do this one together. It is a must read for parents whose goals are to raise children in the likeness of God. I will be reading it over and over I am sure.



Here is the 3rd apron I made. Sorry- no child model!
This is the one I made for Emily. See how big it is on her. One of our crafts this week was to make the 25 chain links leading to Christmas. I really like the whole advent idea and wanted to do something like that but have just not had the time to make all the symbols/boxes ect... so I decided to put verses on the links and each day we take one off we then read a verse. All the verses lead up to Christ being born.



We also do have an advent calendar- it has 25 things to put up leading to Christmas. It is from when I was little and some of the items are losing their stickiness-- I guess I need to sew on some velcro.



Here is my Kombucha Tea. I have been doing lots of research into the benifits of this wierd mushroom and it is phenomenal. If any of you want a mother my mushroom will keep producing them so you can then start your own. You can read below on the benefits of Kombucha.


LACTIC ACID: Found in Kombucha in its most potent form L-lactic(+). Lactic acid is essential for the digestive system.ACETIC ACID: Its main function is to inhibit harmful bacteria. Acetic acid is used as a preservative because of this action. It is also what gives Kombucha that 'kick' to its smell and taste.MALIC ACID: Is also used in the body's detoxification process.OXALIC ACID: Encourages the cellular production of energy and is a natural preservative.GLUCONIC ACID: Is effective against many yeast infections such as candidiasis and thrush.BUTYRIC ACID: Is produced by the yeasts and when working with gluconic acid. Might help combat yeast infections such as candida.NUCLEIC ACID: Work with the body aiding healthy cell regeneration.AMINO ACID: A group of acids which are the building blocks of protein. Your muscular system is made of proteins.ENZYMES: Are proteins that act as catalysts, speeding the rate at which biochemical reactions proceed.Kombucha also contains Vitamin Groups B and C, Beneficial Yeasts and LIVING Bacteria.
People from all walks of life throughout the world claim that taking Kombucha Tea on a regular basis provides relief from many ailments. While it may or may not be the cure to all ailments, it is a traditional fermented beverage used in many cultures to promote well-being. Some of the reported benefits from testimonials are it:
Acts as a gentle laxative, helping avoid constipation.
Aids in the relief of arthritis.
Cleanses the colon and gall bladder.
Aids in healthy digestion
Relieves colitis and stomach cramps.
Returns gray hair to it's natural color.
Helps stop non-infectious diarrhea.
Relieves bronchitis and asthma.
Clears up Candida yeast infections.
Regulates the appetite and reduces fat.
Aids with stress and insomnia.
Improves eyesight, cataracts and floaters.
Relieves headaches including migraines.
Puts Lupus into remission.
Helps reduces the alcoholic's craving for alcohol.
Eliminates menopausal hot flashes.
Clears acne, psoriasis and other skin problems.
Thickens hair and strengthens fingernails.
Enhances the sense of smell.
Vitalizes the physical body and adds energy-including sexual energy!The strongest endorsement of the power of Kombucha tea is that cultures throughout the world have been using it for hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years in different parts of the world. This in itself lends testimony to the fact the tea has long been beneficial to many for a variety of physical ailments.


4 comments:

Beth said...

Shepherding a Child's Heart IS a really good book! I'm glad you read it. Yes, our boys name is Isaac. That would be great if you have a little Isaac also! I'm tired reading about all that you're doing, Hannah! I'm starting to feel like this baby may come sometime in the next few days.... not sure I'm ready yet.

Kara Scharrer said...

Hannah, we've had Kombucha a few times, but someone has always made it and brought it to us. I had no idea that you made it with a mushroom! Is it hard to do? Erik really likes it... I'll take a mushroom the next time I see you! :)

The Kruchowski's said...

Hey Hannah- I hate to even ask you this as you were just saying how busy you are.... I would love to buy 2 aprons from you if you were interested in making them?? !! Let me know, I thought Natti and Kora would love them as we do a lot of baking together! Let me know what you think and cst. Thanks!! :)

Hannah said...

Beth--- Are you getting worried? I am dreading going through labor again. I'll be praying for you and can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Kara- It isn't hard. Just picky. You can only use glass containers so I would be saving applesauce/pickle jars and also you will need a gallon glass container. I am still looking for one of those myself. I don't know if I will have a mushroom by Monday but if not then it will be soon!

Heidi- Wow-- I didn't expect it to be a money making endeavor but hey that always helps. I'll send you an e-mail with specifics.