Saturday, December 19, 2009

MckMama's Christmas Gathering

Lastnight Joel and I went to a christmas party at Jennifer's aka MckMama's house. It was really a lot of fun. Not only did I get to visit with her more I also met some really neat people who follow her blog. I also met Jennifer's sister who was really nice and had a new baby there. I think we found a church we would like to check out too that several of these guys go to including Jennifer and her family. It sounds like they have a great children's program. I would like to try it. We have been church hopping for awhile and it is time (after this little one arrives), to just find one and stick with it and get involved again. A labor and delievery nurse and a pediatrician came up to me and told me that one would take care of me and one could take care of the baby if I wanted to start labor! :-) I wish! I seem to just like contracting for a few hours daily with this one and nothing else.
Joel talked to a lot of the husbands and had a good time too so we decided we need to do more of this stuff...leaving the kids, getting away, enjoying other couples. We are going to work on it! Now we need to meet some babysitters. We had my cousin Jackee watch them lastnight but we can't burden her everytime! The girls had a blast and didn't even want to leave to come home with us when we showed up.

I really am a big enough dork that I asked for a picture with her. They are very down to earth and real to what you read on her blog. It really was fun!

1 comment:

Leah said...

That's so great!!
Well done you, for determining to get stuck in at a church. You have so many 'churchy' type gifts that will help build up the body of Christ, Hannah. And how great for Joel to meet the husbands and have a good time!!
I also love the idea of a blogger throwing a party for her followers. Hehe. Cute!

Love you!