I just got to spend a precious hour with my sweet 2 year old. I tried to take a nap with her. Tried is the main word. She kept whispering and grabbing my face. She was telling me how much she loves having me sleep with her. Then we started talking baby names and I was running a bunch of them by her and listening to the way she says them. She is just so sweet. She has told me that she doesn't want the baby to come and wants him to stay in my tummy. I think the adjustment is going to be hard for her. She has had almost 3 years of being my baby.
While laying in bed I rolled away from her and closed my eyes and a little later she sat up and looked at me and saw my eyes were closed and she took her blanket and covered me all up. I love how little girls just have it in them to be little mommies. They already know to protect and take care. I just enjoy them so much. I want to keep them little--
Which reminds me, one of the things Emily was telling me was that her name is Emily Faith Kopkie and she is a little Emily but someday she will be a big Emily. It just made me smile. What great blessings God has bestowed upon me. I am grateful!
2 comments:
She's so cute! I remember running baby names by Lucas before he turned 2...oh the memories. What fun!
Oh my goodness, I love that child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment