I am fortunate enough to get together with a bunch of stay at home mom's and do a bible study together called, "The power of a praying parent." We have just started it but already it is really good. I pray for my kids but more for things like keeping them safe and healthy. I also like to pray for thier future husbands as I feel that is so important. I never really realized how important it is to just pray for them and things the devil may try to overcome them with. We have such a battle waging in this world, the elections sure show that. Satan is everywhere and he is trying to overcome but he cannot compete with God's power and in the end that will be known. I hold fast to that truth.
Ephesians 6:10-18
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
I sure am trying to put on the armor of God and be ready. I think the battle is just beginning!
No comments:
Post a Comment