Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Abby

I have really been struggling with Abby lately. She has been very crabby and uncooperative and just nasty at times. We have been consistent with her consequences and yet are still struggling with her. Last night Joel had a talk with her and asked her what the deal is and you know what she told him. She said her favorite word is no so that is why she is saying it so much. What a stinker. Joel told her she better learn a different favorite word or she is likely to be sitting in her room a whole lot more. I can't believe how obstinate she can be. It is scary to see how much like us she is. Joel and I are both very stubborn (he more than I ;-))

6 comments:

Linda said...

And how old is Abby? I'm sure you have told us, but I don't remember. My twin sister has her 7 year old granddaughter living with her, as well as the dad and mom, and her granddaughter can be so naughty! it is that old nature, but even after they come to the Lord, it can be bad. I think that is because that 'old deceiver, the devil' is seeking who he can devour.

Just remember, they do grow up, and they will remember what you have taught them. The greatest joy we have with our children today, is that they are our friends...loving adults!

May the Lord give you grace and wisdom, and peace in your 'mothering'.

Anonymous said...

Not Abby! How is that possible... she is so adorable and precious. At least she was honest with her favorite word - it could've been a whole lot worse!!
I know... my time is coming and it's easy for an "auntie" to say.
**I'm on Abby's side! :)

Hannah said...

Thanks Paula-- Just wait until it is your turn! It is so hard sometimes! Can I post yet?

Sara said...

WAIT?! Hannah, your commenting has me suspecting Paula and Josh might be expecting?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Please tell me ASAP!

Hannah said...

I don't think she cares that I tell so yes they are. The baby is due May 13th (Abby's b.day). J.D. and Melissa's baby is due April 7th (Emily's birthday). Crazy huh? All the aunts know now and Grandparents know so it is just a matter of time until everyone knows. I wanted to make sure Leah knew before I posted it on my blog. Abby is so thrilled to have a cousin. She thinks they are having a boy and she is going to feed him bottles she says. :-)

Sara said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell them CONGRATULATIONS from us! I don't have an email or anything for them! That's so exciting! I do hope it's a boy...we need another boy on that side! :)