Monday, October 6, 2008

more thoughts

I just can't stop thinking about the movie fireproof. It was really good. Joel and I have a good marriage. We can tell eachother anything and not think differently of one another. I do love him unconditionally and yet I could still see us in those characters. There are seasons of our lives where I feel like we don't totally get one another. It just reaffirmed what God has been telling me lately. To go that extra mile and a gentle answer turns away wrath. Having me working has been hard on us. We don't have a lot of family time and Joel and I don't have a lot of time and it seems like sometimes when we are together I am just to tired to make much of an effort. Working until 1 am kind of screws up my internal clock I think. We pray that our marriage is an example of how Christ loves us. We want for others to see us and want what we have. We will continue striving for that goal, that is for sure, no matter what fires get put in our way.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I'd like to see it!

Kara Scharrer said...

Erik really wanted to go see this with me, but it's not playing in Duluth! I'm glad that you wrote about it. Now we'll make more of an effort to go see it.

For some reason my bloglines isn't picking up your blog anymore. I missed out on like five or six posts of yours! I had to go back and read them all. Anyway, thanks for posting about the movie. I'll for-sure have to see it now.