Thursday, March 13, 2008

all part of the job

What a day today has already been. I was up most of the night with a sick husband and sick kids. Joel has a bad cold and he couldn't sleep so he keeps tossing and turning in bed. I was trying to be gracious and do the right thing. He isn't feeling good and it is his bed too but couldn't he just leave. I layed that way for almost two hours. I would fall asleep and then he would wake me up over and over. Finally I asked him to please leave. Poor guy-- What do you do though- I knew I had to be on duty today and needed my sleep. He left the room around 1 am and at 2:30 little Miss Emily woke up and screamed for 1/2 hour- I finally went in there to contend with her but she didn't want to go back to sleep. She isn't feeling the greatest either. I finally got her back in bed by 4 am and went back to bed myself. At 5 I was rudely awakened by our power going off and our carbon monoxide detector loudly beeping. The sound machines of course turned off as well as the night lights in the girls rooms. Abby was the first to start crying- she wanted her light on and her sound machine on. She was not to happy when we couldn't do that for her. She was crying because her nose was running and she didn't feel good. It was not fun. Joel slept with her and I got up with Emily who wouldn't go back to sleep and wouldn't quit crying. Finally at 7 the power came back on and I got to sleep until 8 when my neighbor called to tell me she needed to bring Caroline over. Then-- as if all of that wasn't enough. Look what happened on our bathroom floor-- and no we don't own a dog-- just a 2 year old.

2 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

Sounds like you had quite the day!!!! I really hope that you get some sleep tonight and that your family feels better soon. Just think, in 30 years from now, we're gonna look back on days like these and wish for them back. :o)

gladtommygabby said...

Look on the bright side.....there could've been puke involved! ha! We've been battling colds here too...Gabby got ear infection #2 and then severe diahrea from the meds. Ahhhh....it's just the little things in life - right? Hang in there:)