Monday, March 10, 2008

Nervous

Well tonight is my first official night of work. I literally have been making myself sick about it. Just the thought of having to leave my girls and be gone from them until they tell me I can go home. I hate that thought. I have a good friend who told me "Thats what being a mom is about... doing what you have to do for your family." She is so right. I wasn't thinking how this is making me a better mom. I have been thinking it makes me a bad mom because I am leaving the girls and not doing what I always vowed to do by staying at home with them. Not that I think you are a bad mom if you work but just for me personally I feel bad by working. I am very much a mom who needs to be with her kids and I get energized by that. Anyway, I will let you know how it goes. I am sure it will be fine and it is just me worrying (I am good at that).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are VERY good at that!
But, Hannah, it's only a few evenings a week. You'll still be with your girls the greater majority of their every day. Perhaps you'll appreciate even more the days you are home with them after doing this! And it's probably not for the rest of your lives... You and they will be fine.

Plus, you'll be such a pleasant waitress!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Wish I could be your well-paid and well-loved Nanny...!

gladtommygabby said...

I know exactly how you feel! I dreamt about school for a couple of weeks before I had to go back. I'd cry and think how can I do this but once I'm there, things are fine! I actually feel like a much better mother by being away and coming home and giving them my undivided attention! Good Luck! I know you'll be great:)