Well- It was interesting. The other waitresses were 18-21 years old and super, super immature. They kept talking about thier boyfriends doing this or that (cheating) and every other word out of thier mouths was the f-word. I seriously heard more cuss words lastnight than I have heard in the last 3 years of staying at home. The waitress who was training me in was the worst one of them all. She kept talking about getting drunk- even after the fact I told her me and my husband don't drink. They all thought I was so old and couldn't believe I was married with two kids. That was quite odd for me as I am usually the youngest in all my social settings. She also kept going up to the other waitresses and grabbing thier butts and boobs and saying she likes to sexually harass people. How am I going to survive? I have to-- We just aren't making the bills so once I get trained in I will be able to just help my customers and stay away from the other waitresses. I will just have to be a loner. I am still praying there is a good one there. I have only met a handful of them so hopefully someone with some values will be on my next shift. The nicest and most courteous person there was the bartender. He was really helpful and sweet to me. He actually lives in Milaca and knows my Aunt and Uncle the Bergs and also knows my dad's cousin. He is married and it seemed like the other waitresses didn't know a lot about him so hopefully he is more reserved and he was probably more my age so not as immature.
At one point last night I got so homesick I thought I would just walk out of there and never come back. But I stuck it out. I just felt like I was in high school again and believe me, that is a place I never, ever want to go back to. I hope this weekend will be better. I just have to make myself do it. I think waitressing itself won't be bad- it is just the people I work with. There is a lot more to waitressing than it looks though. Wow--- It was a slow night for them and I kept thinking- if this is slow how in the world will I stay caught up when it is busy. Everyone kept asking me if I had done it before though because they couldn't believe how fast I was learning it and how good I was doing so that is good. It is a little intimidating but once I get the hang of it I am sure it will go great. I just really am going to avoid the other waitresses so I don't have ot hear thier petty conversations. You can tell they get upset with eachother and bicker too. How fun.
The girls did great. I had to wake up Emily from a nap to go and get the babysitter and she has a cold right now so I felt really bad. Joel was able to rock Emily to sleep lastnight after she screamed bloody murder for awhile. He did enjoy having the girls so I was thankful for that. I am glad he is getting some extra time with them. He needs that too and he deserves it. I wish I had a better report to write. Hopefully next time I will.
Me and Abby

Me all ready for my first day of work
No comments:
Post a Comment