Friday, March 14, 2008

DNA

It has recently come to my attention that when my newborns had their heel pricked for genetic testing they actually kept thier DNA on file. I don't like the thought of the state or government having a file with my child's DNA. You can click on this link if you are interested to read more about it and to sign a petition to get it out-lawed and to get an address where to send a letter to have your child's discarded. I just want to play it as safe as I can and I don't like the thought of someone having that much of my children's info to do testing on ect... Not with cloning and all the other research advances they are doing. My kids are one of a kind!!
http://www.cchconline.org/issues/NewbornGeneticTestingMN.php

1 comment:

Kara Scharrer said...

Can they actually do that kind of testing without your permission, if it's your child's? And do they keep EVERY child's DNA? Is there ever a time when this would be beneficial to us, to have their DNA kept? Just curious... I have never heard of this.