I had the scare of my life today. How fast life can change in the blink of an eye. We just got home from our Bible Study at the park and I carried the kids into the house and dropped off my bible and book and also a clip that was sitting in the cupholders of the car. I then quickly went out to feed Rocky. While I was out I heard Abby crying and yelling so I came running in and there was Emily laying on the ground choking and trying to gasp for air. Abby then told me that she swallowed the clip. Time just literally stopped. All I could think was, "not my baby, I'm not going to lose my baby." I picked her up and started attempting the hemlich remover with her but didn't feel confident enough in my ability. I then ran barefoot through the grass, in the rain, with a child gasping for air and choking, praying the whole way "help me Jesus," to a neighbors who is a nurse. Poor Emily, she couldn't even breathe and she was looking up at me with fear filled eyes while trying to make noise. All of a sudden she started crying. It was the best noise ever. By the time I got to my neighbors she was in a full fledged scream. She was still sputtering some but she could make noise. I was talking to my neighbor trying to decide if I should be bringing her in when we looked down and saw the clip on her floor. She must have got it up when she was able to cry and it just was sitting on her jacket and fell off at the neighbors.
Thank you Jesus for protecting my little Emily!!
2 comments:
Oh My Hannah... that is so scary. Brendan choked on a chicken nugget a couple years ago and I had to call 911 after many attempts to get it out and him turning blue. I had bad dreams about it for nights. Thank goodness you got it out! Someone was looking out for you!
Oh my GOODNESS!!!
Praise the lord the she is safe!
Post a Comment