Sunday, September 14, 2008

Minnesota Zoo

Joel and I have wanted to take the girls to the Minnesota Zoo for quite awhile but haven't because just to take our family it is over 50.00. Today we got to go for free. The 2nd Sunday of Sept. Kare 11 does a walk through the zoo and you get free admission and free parking. It was great! You have to show up at 10 and do a 2 mile walk with Kare 11 and than you get the whole rest of the day free. We will for sure make it an annual thing.
Abby's favorite part of the zoo was the bird show. It was pretty neat. They had a talking parrot and birds that would fly up into and over the audience. One went right over Emily's head. Both girls were very mesmerized. Joel and I were bummed because the dolphin show was cancelled due to a pregnant dolphin.
It was really fun to watch the girls reactions. Emily was delighted and pointing and yelling at all the animals. What a blast to watch!


The girls on a turtle statue
Emily watching a puppet show
The famous grizzly exhibit
What a face
She's my little cabbage patch doll!
Joel and the girls looking at a cheetah
Petting fake pigs
Emily loved petting the goats
Abby in Daddy's jacket and the bird show
Bald Eagle


1 comment:

Sara said...

I didn't know Kare11 did that! I will definitely have to keep that in mind! So neat!