Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day weekend

We were fortunate enough to get to go to Park Rapids for Labor Day weekend. Joel's whole family was at Itasca State Park camping so we were able to do some fun things with them. We played a few games of beach volleyball. Jonah came out with us and spent time with them too. Joel has such a great family with lots of fun cousins so we all really had a blast. We got to sit around the campfire each night and sing and share. We also played several board games and just enjoyed one another. My mom took the girls for us each night and her and Dani did bedtimes and all of that. Thanks mom. On Sunday we hung out at my parents for the day and I did hair and the girls swam and did the horse ride. They love being at Grandma's house. Abby keeps telling me she wants to move there. Joel and I sure are blessed to have such great families!!



Auntie Paula and Abby and Abby's new favorite bear. It was Leah's present for Abby but Auntie Paula made the whole thing so really it is from both aunties. She keeps telling me, "mommy Auntie Leah loves me soo much to give me the bear and Auntie Paula loves me soo much to make the bear." Too cute!

Josh and Paula taking the girls and Dani for a jeep ride.
They sure had fun.
Swimming-- The water was freezing but it doesn't deter the girls. They love to swim.
Emily in her p.j.'s out with Garbo. The girls just loved this dog. Poor Garbo didn't like our Rocky to much. He was too wild for her.
Uncle Jonah and Emily riding on the see-saw together
Grandpa and Abby on a horse ride
Dani, Jonah and Abby playing memory


Auntie Paula sewing a bear for Abby that Auntie Leah had bought for her. (Leah- I think you owe Paula-- There might be a payback coming! :-) )

Our family Grandpa and Emily


Joel and his girls on the same log we have stopped each time with little babies to take pictures. This is his first one with both girls now and they are so much bigger!
Our family on the log
Kissing cousins on the log-- I love this pic!
Dad and Mom Kopkie with thier 7 grandchildren
The whole Kopkie Family. Yeah-- We finally got a picture. We haven't had one since there were only 4 grandkids.



1 comment:

Leah said...

I wish I could have been the Auntie to make the bear with her!! But, to be fair, I didn't know how difficult it would be. It's meant for kids so I didn't think it could be that bad and Abby likes crafts and things! I'll have to apologize to Paula :)

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!