Monday, September 8, 2008

Poor Emmy

Before the fall, Abby and Emily were reading bedtime stories with Daddy


After the fall and e.r. visit. Emily decided she wanted down from Joel's lap and just slid off and went headfirst into the big shelving unit we have in Abby's room. She was bleeding so bad I thought it was her actual eye. It turned out to be a deep gash right on her eyelid at the corner of her eye. I wish we would have got a picture before the e.r. There was blood everywhere. She had it just running down her cheeks. Poor thing! Abby was so scared she started crying and saying, "I love my sister" over and over again. She went to a neighbors while Joel and I brought Emily in and when I got back Abby just wanted to sit on my lap and be held and she kept telling me how scared she was for Emily. What a sweetheart.
Poor little girl- not only did she get her eye but she also got her forehead. That wasn't bleeding at least.

5 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

WOW! Hannah! How horrible! I feel so bad for Emmy cause I bet that hurt so bad! And I feel bad for Abby cause I know she was probably so scared. But, I'm thankful to hear that everything turned out alright.

Danielle Pearson said...

Poor Emmy!!!

I am so glad that it wasn't her eye and that she is doing well! :)

gladtommygabby said...

Poor little pumpkin! It is always so scary when our little ones get hurt. You feel so helpless and would trade spots with them in a heartbeat if we could. Glad she's ok:)

Leah said...

Oh my goodness! My poor niecey!! She must not have understood at all what was happening to her!!

And poor little Abby too- so scared and not understanding and having to be left at a neighbours :(

I want to cuddle them both so badly.

Lindsay said...

Poor girl! I'm glad she's okay and that it wasn't any worse!

BTW - LOVE the new blog make-over!